Sunday, September 27, 2009

Roman Polanski


I had to think about if for a minute, just to remember who he is, I had him confused with Jackson Pollack. . . 

Can you tell I don't follow the rich & famous? Rule number one in being cool in my book.


Thankfully I don't hold others to it, after all, they cant help that they choose to expose themselves to media, film and hype. Although I do remember in retrospect seeing his films and liking them. I love that this came up, it's a rich topic to sound off on all my inane personal positions which if I'm lucky, you will find contradictory, paradoxical, thought provoking and yes, totally irrelevant.

 

First of all, this arrest stinks! I mean why him, why now. . .  Your telling me for thirty years the French have resisted all U.S. attempts to prosecute this case? There was no time in thirty years the French needed a favor from us with extradition? I don't think so.

 

American & global corruption, media spin and distracting the public from the loss of the North Polar ice pack, the inalienable right of Iran to Nuclear Weapons (for defensive purposes of course, like Israel) and the rest of  world governments. God Obama's hypocrisy about a nuclear weapon free world is unbelievable!


Why do we get so scared at other people having weapons like ours? ? ? Could it come down to Empire and Greed and Oppression no, what could I be thinking, we are the GOOD guys right, freedom, equality, free trade in plutonium etc. . .

 

What's up with Switzerland! ? ? I mean the man lives there part time, owns a house and now all of a sudden they decide to arrest them at the behest of the US on a thirty year old warrant? Remember these are the guys who helped the Nazis even after the fall or the Third Reich, meanwhile supplying the guards for the Pope, another hate monger. . . Gota love them, there as conflicted and screwed up as the rest of us. If it weren't for Carl Jung I'd say write off the country to the Germans and the French. But I love Carl more than Jo Campbell. . . If it weren't for him Psychology would be truly fucked instead of just about as useful as any other new age approach.

 

Now onto the my spin of the facts. He's a rapist and child molester. Fact. OK and rich and famous and not going to do any time. Fact. His victim has forgiven him, so at this point all that is to be gained is allot of grandstanding by the some Judges and Prosecutors, who apparently, violated there own rules. . . this is a good laugh.

 

All my opinions about his childhood, his parents and Sharon Tate are really beside the point. This is just some weird trip of the US judicial system and its obscene obsession with punishment, fear mongering and oppression of poor minorities than justice, fairness or truth. If we were interested in that we'd be prosecuting corporations and not people. The fact that Roman was arrested is just another note in the lousy symphony as the ship of world "civilization" sinks. The band plays on. . .

No comments: