Saturday, July 5, 2014

Another ay of denial

I am awed at the #ecommunity
Particularly the slight interest from Singapore,
I don't know, what  to believe
About the waters I am stepping in too.

I know: I cannot step into the same water twice.
We can pretend their is nothing to be troubled by;
as we watch our children die.

I don't have to be a Parent:
to know the loss of a child.
A wound that never seals.
a voice, a life,
that never dies.

Water from our eyes, washing the ground
release the bones of our ancestors,
and those they killed in fear and greed.
To whom we owe amends.

Knowing nothing brings back a child's smile
Once the eternal love of a child's trust is broken.
Our absolute powerlessness in this love
goes on beyond anything we ever imagined.
Perhaps makes it all possible.

No comments: